The strong NRS Tow Tether, with built-in bungee, is used with the quick-release harnesses on rescue life jackets.
- The Tow Tether, sometimes called a "cow tail," enhances towing boats in rescue situations.
- The stainless steel O-ring includes a hook patch of "hook and loop" material that facilitates centering of the O-ring on vests that have the loop material sewn on in the back.
- The Tether also has a hook patch on the carabiner end. This mates with a loop piece available on some rescue PFDs, forming a quick-release holder for the carabiner.
- The carabiner is a non-locking model, so stow it where it won't get snagged on something accidentally.
- Fisherman this will work for tournaments, where kayak must be attached to you.